Outsourced CRO™-Outsourced Chief Retirement Officer
Fee Benchmarking, Vendor Searches, and Plan Design
Benchmarking Fees, Plan Design, and Participant Success Measures Report provide comprehensive “apples to apples” comparisons of a plan’s fees, design, and participant success measures. Department of Labor regulations under ERISA and, specifically, section 408(b)(2) require that plan sponsors obtain fee disclosures for their plan and that all such fees be “reasonable” for the services being provided.
As your partner, we work to align with a provider that best fits the needs of your organization and employees. Our benchmarking process provides an equal emphasis on the cost and quality aspects of a potential retirement providers services. Our RFP approach helps ensure that apple-to-apple comparisons are used throughout the benchmarking process.
Our customized Request for Proposal (RFP) process includes:
Once your plan is in place, you can expect ...
- Ongoing monitoring
- Monitoring of participation levels and investment performance
- Plan cost benchmarking and analysis against other vendors and plans
- Guidance on areas of improvement
- Target date analysis and custom target date solutions
ERISA and Fiduciary Responsibility
CFOs, CEOs, Presidents and other fiduciaries have personal liability for assets in the company’s retirement plan. It is crucial that plan sponsors partner with an independent firm specializing in services that reduce exposure to fiduciary liability.
As your partner, we can share the fiduciary responsibility with you, and implement a disciplined and best practice process to better manage your responsibilities. As well as provide resources to inform and educate committee members on ERISA's fiduciary liability.
Our extensive process includes:
- Plan policy creation and documentation, including Investment Policy Statement and Investment Committee Charter.
- Investment Committee Fiduciary Education Modules
- Comprehensive Fiduciary oversight reviews, and compliance and file checklists.
- Meeting minutes and executive summaries
- Plan record Documentation and Retention
Investment Selection and Monitoring
Choosing and monitoring the appropriate investments offered in your plan is a serious fiduciary task, as it can impact a participant’s retirement experience. As your experienced partner, we will help you establish an investment strategy that fits the distinct needs of your organization and your employees. We then monitor the selection and deselection of funds to continue to meet the goals of your Participants
Our investment process includes:
- Investment Policy Statement- We assist you in developing a customized Investment Policy Statement (IPS) to serve as a blueprint for selecting and monitoring your plan’s investments
- Investment Selection- It’s important to construct a well-balanced investment lineup that offers broad diversification across asset classes. We make investment recommendations using a proprietary fund ranking system, and an in depth quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Investment Monitoring - Our investment monitoring and review is conducted quarterly, to ensure investments are meeting the needs of the plan participants, and remain consistent with plan goals and IPS criteria
At Retirement Fiduciary Group, we take time to understand your plan objectives, and strive to design a best in class retirement program that aims to provide your employees with the greatest chance of positive outcomes. We also aim to aid in balancing the administrative responsibilities inherent to managing a retirement plan.
Our focus is on these specific areas:
- Employer contribution strategies
- Evaluation of qualification and eligibility issues
- Compliance with legislative changes
- Support services to simplify plan administration
- Optimal use of safe harbor, auto enrollment and auto escalation provisions
Our Plan Navigator tool allows us to project the impacts of plan design changes to employees. This allows us work with you to implement plan design changes that aim to drive employee participation and engagement.
The true measure of success of any employer sponsored retirement plan is engagement of employees. We not only create a plan that is financially sound, we also educate employees to encourage participation. This focus on providing employees with what will help them the most with becoming retirement ready is truly what sets us apart.
Retirement Fiduciary Group was built on a holistic approach to financial planning, which allows us to provide independent advice to help your participants feel confident about the financial decisions they make. We will work with you to provide a customized education suite to help deliver essential plan information and provide solutions that can lead to successful retirement outcomes.